Solé Bicycles Privacy Policies
Last Updated: June 10, 2021
Welcome to Solè Bicycles and thanks for wheeling over! This Privacy Notice describes how your personal information is collected, used, and shared when you visit or make a purchase from solebicycles.com (the “Site”). We will from time to time update this Privacy Notice as necessary to ensure that it remains accurate and up-to-date.
About Our Site
Solè Bicycles is an innovative bicycle company that believes your bicycles should be more than just sporting equipment. We “pedal” our velocipedes online via the Site. You can think of our Site as the hub of our e-commerce operations. On the Site, we and the third parties we work with gather information from users of the Site in order to provide a better e-commerce experience, improve the functioning of our Site, serve you meaningful advertisements and marketing communications, provide you with information about our bicycles and Solè experiences, and otherwise communicate with you. We provide this Privacy Notice to explain what, how, and why we collect your personal information.
What this Privacy Notice Covers
This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect:
- On this Site;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Solè;
- In connection with our marketing activities;
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Privacy Notice; and
- in other places where we post this Privacy Notice.
It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site. It also does not apply to the processing of personal information in the context of working as an employee, agent, job applicant, independent contractor, or business partner of Solè Bicycles.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site, register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information You Provide Directly To Us
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information from you when you use our Services:
- Contact Information, such as your name (first/last), company information, postal address, email address, and phone number;
- Account Information, such as your username (i.e. your email) and password;
- Communications Information, including information you provide to us when you provide feedback, participate in surveys, communicate with us via email or telephone communications (telephone conversations may be recorded where permitted by law); engage in customer service, sign up for communications, etc.;
- Transaction Information, such as the payment card information you use to purchase products, billing information, and transaction history;
- Internet Activity, such as your placement of products in your shopping cart;
- Marketing Information, such as your marketing preferences and details about how you engage with our marketing; and
- Other Information, that you choose to provide to us, which we will use in accordance with this Privacy Notice or as disclosed at the time of collection.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically.
We believe optimizing our Site and marketing efforts benefits everyone. Like most websites, our Site use “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, “cookies” and/or similar tracking technologies that allow us to track the actions of visitors to our Site. This information helps us improve our Site and the products, functionality, applications, content and features that we provide. We also enable third parties to collect data via the Site. We reserve the right to aggregate this information with similar data collected from other visitors to the Site for any purpose, including publishing aggregate statistics about our Site visitors.
For example, we may collect:
- Device Information, such as your IP address, computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, unique identifiers, and general location information such as city or town.
- Usage data, such as the website referring you to our Site, the web pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
Personal Information We Collect From Third Parties.
We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as our dealers; data providers; advertisers; marketing partners, business partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors; and publicly accessible sources, such as social media platforms.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Browser Setting: Using your browser settings to block third party cookies (many browsers do this by default) or using ad-blocking browser extensions and/or plugins.
- Device Settings: Using mobile device settings you can limit the use of advertising IDs associated with your mobile device.
- Platform Settings: Google and Facebook provide interest-based advertising opt-out features.
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide you our products, provide you the Site, service you advertisements and relevant marketing (subject to your preferences), process payment, personalize your experience, provide you customer support, respond to your feedback and requests, communicate with you about important information, and conduct our business operations. In addition, we may use your personal information to:
- enforce our Terms of Service;
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and
- for other purposes upon notice to you.
Sharing Your Information With Third Parties
We may share your personal information with the following parties and as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice or at the time of collection:
- With our service providers to business operations for us, including:
- data processing contractors that provide computer services on our behalf;
- web hosting or web development firms that host or develop parts of our Site;
- distribution firms that will fulfill your requests;
- billing firms that process your orders;
- mailing firms that will assist us with our mailings;
- marketing firms that will assist us with direct marketing
- data analytics firms that help us conduct customer research and analyze users’ interactions with our Site; and
- professional advisors like lawyers, auditors, security professionals, and insurers when appropriate for our business needs;
- With our third party advertising partners, that collect information about your activity on the Site and other online services to help us advertise our services (including, through interest-based advertising), and/or use hashed customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads to them and similar users on their platforms;
- With relevant business partners to facilitate a direct relationship with you, including in connection with any program we administer jointly or on behalf of the business partner;
- With a purchaser of Solè Bicycles or any of the Solè Bicycles affiliates (or their assets);
- To comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- To combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, users, and business partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Solè Bicycles or our business partners;
- In response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate; and
- With your consent.
Sharing Information With Our Advertising Providers
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- • Digital Advertising Alliance:
- For websites: optout.aboutads.info
- For mobile apps: The AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices.
When you use our in-Site communication features or send e-mails, text messages, and other communications from your desktop or mobile device to us, you may be communicating with us electronically. For example, you may elect to receive text messages from us. When you sign up to receive text messages, we will send you information about promotional offers and more These messages may use information automatically collected based on your actions while on our sites and may prompt messaging such as cart abandon messages. To the extent you voluntarily opt to have Text notifications sent directly to your mobile phone, we receive and store the information you provide, including your telephone number or when you read a text message. You may opt out of receiving text messages at any time by texting “STOP” to our text messages. For more information about text messages, see our Terms and Conditions.
You consent to receive communications from us electronically, such as e-mails, texts, mobile push notices, or notices and messages on this Site or through the other features, such as customer chat features, and you can retain copies of these communications for your records. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Third Party Links
Your Personal Information will be collected and stored in the United States, and subject to the laws of the United States. If you reside in a country outside the United States, please note that the data protection and privacy laws of the United States may not be as protective as the laws in your country.
Your California Privacy Rights:
Californians have rights associated with the processing of their Personal Information by some businesses. At this time, we are not considered a “business” subject to the obligations in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. However, we invite you to contact us with any questions you may have about our privacy practices.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Regulatory agencies such as the U.S. Federal Trade Commission have promoted the concept of Do Not Track as a mechanism to permit Internet users to control online tracking activity across websites through their browser settings. Since no industry standard has been adopted, we currently do not process or comply with any web browser’s “do-not-track” signal or other similar mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit our Site.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice we will notify you by email (if you have an account linked to a valid email address) or another manner through the Site that we believe is reasonably likely to reach you.
Any modifications to this Privacy Notice will be effective upon our posting of the new terms and/or upon implementation of the new changes in the Service (or as otherwise indicated at the time of posting). In all cases, your continued use of the Site after the posting of any updated Privacy Notice indicates your acceptance of the update.
Contact Information for Complaints or Concerns
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
1330 Main St., Venice, CA, 90291, United States